Do you own a product and want to increase sales? Are you a keen to make some money on the web, but dont have a product to sell? Affiliate Marketing might be what you are both looking for. Affiliate marketing can tick all the right boxes were both parties win, and win BIG! – There is nothing better than a win-win situation.
Affiliate marketing is a process by which the owner of a product, either virtual or physical, ‘recruits’ one or more people – ‘affiliates’ – whose role is to drive people to the owners promote and sell the affiliate product in return for a commission. Affiliate marketing turns the whole marketing / advertising concept upside down. The traditional approach to marketing is to advertise, usually at some considerable cost, spreading word of your product far and wide, hoping that your message will be seen and bring buyers to your door.
Affiliate marketing, on the other hand utilizes a ‘pull’ model, where you buy into a ready-made audience of already interested potential purchasers, who need little persuasion to buy the product. The principle is very well-established and there are a number of companies such as Click Bank and Commission Junction, to name two of the largest who are in business to put product owners in touch with affiliate marketers.
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing From The Product Owners’ View
From the point of view of the product owner the affiliate marketing system works very well and brings with it a number of benefits.
1. Lower advertising costs. Normally a product owner would hire an advertising agency and pay enormous fees, or take advertising space in offline media like newspapers. Alternatively they would build a website and pay for it creation and promotion. None of these costs exist using affiliate marketing.
2. Faster response time. It takes time to establish a profile using traditional marketing methods, but with affiliate marketing the process if accelerated, sometimes taking just days compared with months.
3. Less administration because companies such as Click Bank have computer systems in place which automatically track ‘click throughs’ from affiliates’ web sites and blogs using cookies. At the end of each week or month, they present a comprehensive analysis of each affiliates sales, tax due and so on.
4. Wider product exposure. Affiliates will usually (it’s almost a prerequisite) have their own significant following on a website or blog. With luck, a product owner can tap into this ready-made traffic stream almost overnight.
5. Low initial financial outlay for product promotion. The only start-up costs the product owner faces will be the fee to register with Click Bank or a similar organization. After that commission is paid only when the objective has been met – a sale or click on a CPA offer, for example.
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing From The Affiliate Marketers’ View
The affiliate marketer has a number of immediate benefits from this approach too.
1. No investment costs. Affiliate marketers do not need to buy a product to sell, or have to invest heavily in time or money in order to acquire a product to profit from.
2. The affiliate has no administrative burden and does not have to worry about processing orders, maintaining stock, payment processing or invoicing.
3. Freedom. As the business is run online it can be carried out from anywhere in the world – even when sitting on a beach.
4. The affiliate requires no specialist knowledge of, or expertise about, the product being sold.
The benefits of affiliate marketing are very significant for both product owner and affiliate marketers, in comparison with traditional marketing methods.
Online Afflilate marketing
In a nutshell, you are ‘doing’ affiliate marketing when you endorse the products or services of another company to the visitors to your website. You then receive a commission whenever someone makes a purchase of those products or services through your links. Your link is the code that you place on your website that is tied to you so that the company can pay you after the sale.
You will be very successful in affiliate marketing if you are able to create a website, blog or other platform and get it ranked very high in the search engines so that you will get enough traffic so that you will profit from your affiliate relationship.
Almost every product can be marketed as an affiliate. It can be novelty products, ebooks, wine, restaurants, how-to manuals and so on. Many people have been able to build a whole series of blogs and websites on a certain topic and then acquire a following among a large group of people and sell affiliate products that suit the topic of the sites.
This works out great because people will already trust you from your website or blog and so, when do you make an affiliate offer, they will trust your recommendation and buy. In addition, if they think your service or product is terrific, they will tell their friends and family about it.
Affiliate marketing is really no different from other methods of marketing on the Internet. You need to first give value to the potential customer because most people will not buy your product on an impulse. They need to see if you are trustworthy over time and then they will buy your product or service.
There are many ways to get traffic to your blog or website. You can use SEO (search engine optimization) techniques, which are the most effective and the usual method for gaining traffic, to get traffic to your site. Some of the social media methods using Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter have also been extremely successful and go well with affiliate marketing. But be aware that you will need to invest more time and you will have to approach the potential customer with a very natural offer.
The best way to approach affiliate marketing is to locate a fairly open niche where there are a large number of people who are interested in a certain product that will solve their problems. You will do extremely well if you can find a solution for the people in this market.
PC Flowers and Gifts launched their original affiliate program in 1994. They offered an Internet program called Prodigy. They were enormously successful. The rest is legendary in Internet history when other companies followed with their own products.
The best thing about launching an internet marketing program is that anyone can do it. If you can learn, be systematic and have lots of patience, you can get your blogs and sites to rank and you will begin to earn money with your affiliate programs.
Keep in mind that this is not a quick dash, it’s a marathon. If you can improve steadily and offer people what they are looking for, you can be a huge success in affiliate marketing.
At BusinessOnlineHQ.com we promote Wealthy Affiliate as a way to learn how you can do all this! If you have been doing ‘online stuff’ for a little while and tried other training programs, you will find Wealthy Affiliate a breath of fresh air. But you dont need to take my word for it. You can check it out for free here.
And yes, I am an affiliate for Wealthy Affiliate, so if you click on the following link and check it out (FOR FREE!), like it and signup I get a comission! Click here to check it out.